I’ll update soon!
Rethink Christmas with me.
Is this what we really want out of Christmas?
What if Christmas became a world-changing event again by turning our focus back to the birth of Christ? What could happen to your family if this focus was celebrated in loud, bold and totally unexpected ways? What if you could actually trade your season of stress for a season celebration and unbelievable memories with your friends and family? What if all of this could save a life at the same time? It can. http://www.adventconspiracy.org/
Three years ago I made the decision to rethink Christmas.
I donated my very first collage to this online auction for Chinese orphans. I couldn’t believe the interest in this piece. It sold for $45. It’s inspired me to do more collages.
I went missing for awhile. Actually a long while; 4 1/2 months to be exact.
- I had a great week with my niece. Elizabeth, I miss you terribly!
- This past week I have been sicker than I have been in a long time. I had to rearrange some very important travel for work. I have spent the last 3 days on the couch coughing up my lungs and I have vertigo!
- With a lot of couch time I have been doing some math regarding referrals. (OK ~ me and math ~ dangerous)
- 30 days of referrals that’s another 8 month wait = a true miracle
- 15 days of referrals ~ 16 months = a wish and a prayer
- 10 days of referrals ~ 23 months = more realistic – not probable
- 7 days of referrals ~ 33 months = if the next 2 months are only 7 days of referrals I’m trading the 4-door for a another convertible, forget I’m adopting, save for a vacation and enjoying the next 3 yrs as a single girl (wink-wink)
- 5 days of referrals ~ 46 months = most likely scenario and is causing me to reconsider a concurrent adoption
I have been saving this little ditty for the 18 month LID anniversary. Once upon a time when my agency still thought the wait would be less than 12 months. I called them to find out about my 1-797C renewals. I was concerned, because the rumors where indicating a 36 month wait for 2006 LIDs. That meant 2 renewals and lots more money. They kindly and confidently assured me the wait would never reach 18 months and I didn’t even have to think about renewing at all.